Thursday, December 22, 2005

A Personal Request

During this deployment, Mr. Peter H. Covert and Mr. George F. Frazier, my father and step-father, both succumbed to cancer. This horrible disease continues to claim the lives of millions of other Americans who will never have the opportunity to live a full and productive life. With luck, successful research will one day stop this disease from bringing sorrow to so many families.

As you prepare for Christmas and head out to purchase those last minute gifts, please consider making a small donation to the American Cancer Society, the National Cancer Institute, or a local or national charity organization of your choice.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bad; the loss of two such key men in your life. Especially given your locale. A Marine friend's Grandpa and StepDad passed away within weeks of each other, and he found it easiest just to stay in Iraq and keep busy. I hope that you've found some solace in the fact that they are out of pain now, and can see and be proud of you from their skybox seats. It seems the absolute wrong place to use the word 'Merry', so instead wishing you a blessed Christmas Season and a bright and successful New Year.

VMICraig said...

Beth* A. - Thank you for your comments and kind thoughts. Merry Christmas.

Craig

Anonymous said...

Craig - I didn't know about your dad. I am so sorry. You know that I can relate - and its hard. I am here if you need to "talk". Christmas being away from home is hard enough - and this makes it esp. hard. My prayers will be with you......I know they are proud of you - - and you know - - my dad is probably swapping stories w/them :-). Merry Christmas - - and blessings to you~

Love ya....

Sarah C.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your dad and stepdad Craig. That must be very difficult for both of you. I will make a donation today.

I hope new year brings your family more happiness.

Tim D.